Are you tired of the same old desk lunches? Look no further than this delicious and easy whipped cottage cheese toast recipe! Using a food processor, combine cottage cheese, honey, salt, and black pepper for a creamy and tangy spread. Spread it onto your choice of toast, and top with fresh tomato slices, arugula, and a drizzle of olive oil for a satisfying and nutritious lunch.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
Not a fan of cottage cheese? This recipe may change your mind. The blending process and added flavorings in this recipe transforms plain cottage cheese into a creamy and delicious spread, perfect for cheese on toast. This dish is a great way to incorporate more protein into your diet, and is perfect for those who want a quick and easy lunch idea.
Cottage cheese toast is a versatile dish that can be customized to your liking. Experiment with different toppings and seasonings, or try using different types of bread. This recipe uses gluten-free bread, but feel free to use any bread of your choice. This is a recipe that will satisfy cottage cheese haters and lovers alike and perfect for a nice lunch or a 1-minute lunch at the office, this cottage cheese toast recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy lunch idea. Try making it with cultured cottage cheese and red pepper flakes. Or, try topping it with fresh herbs from your garden.
- The cheese spread made with cottage cheese, honey, salt, and pepper is delicious and tangy.
- You can customize the toppings to your liking and make it an impressive slice of cheese on toast. I like using fresh herbs from my garden.
- The recipe is perfect for those who want a high-protein cheese option.
- You can use low-fat cottage cheese or full-fat cottage cheese depending on your preference.
- The blending process in the recipe creates an airy cheese spread.
- You can try different toppings such as berries with cottage cheese.
- The recipe is versatile and can be a favorite among your cottage cheese recipes.
- You can experiment with different flavors of cottage cheese.
- Cottage cheese is one of the healthiest cheeses and this recipe is a great way to incorporate it into your diet.
- The recipe is perfect for gluten-free bread lovers and for those who love a crunchy slice of bread.
What is cottage cheese?
Cottage cheese is a type of cheese made from the curds of cow's milk. It has a curd-like and creamy texture. It is a low-fat calorie cheese and perfect for those who want to incorporate more protein into their diet. Cottage cheese can be used in a variety of ways, such as in a food processor to make a spread for toast, mixed with fruit as a healthy breakfast option, or as a ingredient in other recipes like breakfast casseroles. It's also perfect to make cheese onto toast, cheese with fruit and you can find a lot of cottage cheese breakfast recipes.
This recipe is a gluten-free version of the classic Cottage Cheese on Toast. The ingredients are:
- 2 slices of gluten-free toast bread, toasted in the toaster or on a pan with olive oil.
- ½ cup of cottage cheese, blended in a food processor with 1 tablespoon of honey, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper, which will be spread on each toast.
- 4 tomato slices, whether it is grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes or any other ripe tomatoes, placed on top of the cottage cheese spread on each toast.
- ¼ cup of arugula, to be placed on top of the tomatoes
- A drizzle of olive oil to finish the dish.
This recipe is perfect for those who have an issue with cottage cheese, as it uses the cheese in a spread form, making it perfect for cottage cheese crostinis or cottage cheese tartines. It's also perfect for a cottage cheese skeptic, as the blending process and added flavorings in this recipe transforms plain cottage cheese into a creamy and delicious spread. This recipe is versatile and you can use any bread of your choice, whether it is a crusty bread or any other type of grain bread.
- Toast your gluten-free bread in a toaster or on a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- In a food processor, combine ½ cup cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Spread the cottage cheese mixture onto the warm toasts.
- Slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the cottage cheese spread on each toast.
- Drizzle a little honey on top of the tomatoes.
- Top with a pinch of salt and a lots of pepper.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of the toasts with tomato and serve.
Enjoy your delicious and easy whipped cottage cheese toast recipe!
Here are some delicious toast toppings for this recipe:
- Avocado: Spread mashed avocado onto your toast and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and your favorite seeds.
- Raspberries: Top your toast with a layer of fresh raspberries and drizzle with honey.
- Raspberry Chia Jam: Spread a layer of raspberry chia jam onto your toast and add a sprinkle of your favorite seeds.
- Avocado Slices: Add avocado slices on top of the cottage cheese spread for a twist on avocado toast.
- Hemp Seeds: Garnish your toast with a sprinkle of hemp seeds for added protein and crunch.
- Chia Seed Jam: Spread a layer of chia seed jam onto your toast and add a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
- Fresh Basil: Add fresh basil leaves on top of your toast for added flavor and color.
- English Cucumber: Add thin slices of English cucumber on top of your toast for a refreshing twist on cucumber toast.
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon: Garnish your toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon for added flavor and nutrition.
- Green Onions: Add thinly sliced green onions on top of your toast for added flavor and color.
- Black Sesame Seeds: Garnish your toast with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds for added flavor and nutrition.
- Peaches: Top your toast with fresh or canned juicy peaches and a drizzle of Peach Jam.
Feel free to experiment with your favorite combinations of toppings and find your perfect toast.
Here are some recipe variations for this recipe:
- Replace the honey with maple syrup or agave nectar for a different sweetener option.
- Experiment with different types of bread, such as sourdough or whole wheat, for a different texture and flavor.
- Add a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, or your favorite seeds for added texture and nutrition.
- Try different types of cheese, such as ricotta or feta, for a different flavor and texture.
- Experiment with different types of tomatoes, such as cherry or grape tomatoes, for a different flavor and texture.
- Add a layer of Chia Seed Jam or any other type of jam for a different flavor combination.
- Top your toast with canned peaches, fresh peaches, or your favorite fruit for a different flavor combination.
- Try different combinations of toppings and find your perfect flavor combination.
- For avocado toast fans, you can add mashed avocado on top of the cottage cheese spread or try different avocado toast recipes.
This recipe is versatile and you can experiment with different ingredients, toppings, and flavor combinations to make it your own.
Here are some recipe substitutions you can make:
- If you don't have gluten-free bread, you can use any other type of bread of your choice.
- If you don't have pumpkin seeds, you can use hemp seeds or any other type of seeds you prefer.
- If you don't have fresh ground pepper, you can use pre-ground pepper or skip it altogether.
- If you don't have fresh tomatoes, you can use canned or sun-dried tomatoes instead.
- If you want more garlic flavor, you can add a clove of minced garlic or a shake of garlic salt to the cottage cheese mixture.
- If you don't have honey, you can use maple syrup, agave nectar or any other sweetener of your choice.
- If you don't have arugula, you can use any other type of green like spinach or lettuce.
These are just a few substitutions you can make to adapt the recipe to your liking and ingredient availability. Feel free to experiment and make it your own.
For this recipe, you will need a food processor or a mini blender or handheld blender. The food processor or blender is used to blend the cottage cheese, honey, salt, and pepper together to create a creamy and smooth spread. It is necessary to blend the ingredients so that the spread will be easy to spread on the toast.
You will also need a toaster or a pan to toast your gluten-free toast bread. A baking sheet is also necessary to put the toasts with tomato on it before putting it in the oven.
A cutting board and a knife will be needed to cut the tomatoes. And you will also need a spoon to spread the cottage cheese mixture on the toast, and a drizzle of olive oil to finish the dish.
Store the whipped cottage cheese in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can use any bread of your choice for this recipe.
While cottage cheese is traditional for this recipe, you can experiment with different types of cheese such as ricotta, feta, or cream cheese. Keep in mind that this will change the flavor and texture of the dish.
Yes, you can make the cottage cheese spread ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Yes, you can use frozen or canned tomatoes, but keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be different than using fresh tomatoes.
Yes, you can add additional toppings such as sliced avocado, green onions, nuts, or seeds to this recipe. Feel free to experiment with different combinations to find your perfect toast.
Healthy Whipped Cottage Cheese Toast
- 2 slices gluten-free toast
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tomato slices
- ¼ cup arugula
- Drizzle olive oil
- Combine cottage cheese, honey, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread onto two slices of toast. Top with tomatoes, arugula, and a drizzle of olive oil.