Berries and Cream is the ultimate summer treat for hot days. This recipe only calls for four ingredients, but sometimes I only use three. I cut out the sugar on days when I want a more savory treat, and it’s delicious.
Strawberry season in Minnesota starts in May and ends in June. That means we have very little time to embrace all those berry recipes that taste like summer. When I was growing up, we’d go to the strawberry patch and pick the strawberries ourselves! It was always a race to use them all up before they went bad.
There are so many ways to use up those extra strawberries. Try out some of these ideas!
- Strawberries and Raw Cream (pour fresh cream over a bowl of strawberries and sprinkle with sugar).
- Yogurt Parfaits
- Strawberry Mocktails
- Strawberry Fruit Kabobs
- Strawberry Pie
Berries and Cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Stir almond extract and sugar into whipped cream
- Layer strawberries and cream in a tall glass