Give the gift of gluten-free cherry turnovers. They look so fancy you could totally bring them to a party or wrap them up and give them to a friend, but they’re so easy!
Gluten-Free Puff Pastry
This is the only gluten-free puff pastry I’ve ever used. I think it’s awesome, and a really good product for something that’s really hard to find gluten-free. I get mine on Amazon in bulk and posted the link below for easy buying. If anyone knows of other gluten-free puff pastry brands, please let me know through Instagram DM!
It only takes 15 minutes to assemble the turnovers and only 15 minutes in the oven. Very doable for a quick dessert. And, barely any dishes!
Wrap It Up
Package them up in a small box lined with parchment paper and wrap with a beautiful ribbon. This package would make a fun present to brighten someone’s day!
Other Filling Ideas
This recipe is so versatile. You can do almost any sweet or savory filling and have a delicious treat.
- Spinach and feta
- Blueberry and orange zest
- Goat cheese and apricot
- Blackberry and goat cheese
- Nutella and almonds
- Rosemary and parmesan
Gluten-Free Cherry Turnovers
- 1 package gluten free puff pastry
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat cherries, lemon juice, and sugar on the stove until the cherries are melted.
- Mix water and cornstarch together and add to the cherry mixture.
- Heat on medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Take off heat.
- Cut one sheet of puff pastry into nine even squares and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Spoon half a tablespoon of the cherry mixture in the middle of each puff pastry square. Be sure not the overfill.
- Fold one corner of the square to meet the opposite corner. The puff pastry should create a triangle shape.
- Repeat for the remaining puff pastry squares.
- Take a fork and press down the edges of each square.
- Brush the squares with a beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out, cool, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply