This gluten-free cherry cake is made with lots of fresh cherries and eggs. It's the perfect summer recipe for an easy weeknight dessert. This gluten-free cherry cake comes together in minutes and is perfectly moist.
You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter. I discuss my fluoride-free journey on TikTok and in my newsletter.
It's a no-fuss recipe that looks super fancy, too. It's technically a cherry cake, but you can really use any fruits you have on hand. The eggs make a super fluffy cake. I love how versatile this recipe can be!
- Eggs: A must-have for this recipe.
- Granulated Sugar: any granulated sugar will do!
- Gluten-Free Flour: I use King Arthur's Gluten-Free Flour in this recipe.
- Baking Powder: essential for this gluten-free cherry cake recipe.
- Fresh Cherries: make sure to remove the stems and pits. You can either use a straw or a cherry pitter.
- Powdered Sugar: for the top of the cake.
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
De-stem and de-pit the cherries. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy using either a whisk or an electric mixer. Add the sugar and whisk until combined.
Pour the baking powder and flour into the sugar and egg mixture into the cake batter. Mix thoroughly.
Gently fold the cherries into the cake batter. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool.
Once cooled completely, remove the cake from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using a sifter.
Store the cake at room temperature and cover it with plastic wrap.
Hint: Use a cherry pitter to de-pit the cherries. So much easier. Find one HERE.
Equipment I Use + Love
- Glass mixing bowls - are a great alternative to plastic mixing bowls that can be toxic.
- Cherry pitter - an easy way to remove the pits from the cherries.
- 9-inch cake pan - this one is a great deal on Amazon.
- Sifter - perfect for sprinkling the powdered sugar. I love this one because it's so classic.
- Nutty - stir in ½ cup almonds or walnuts to make a walnut or almond cherry cake.
- Almond - add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to the cake batter.
- Cherries - instead of cherries, you can use any other berry. You may also use frozen cherries. Make sure to coat the frozen cherries with 1 tablespoon of flour before mixing them into the cake batter.
How to Store Gluten-Free Cherry Cake
Store the cake at room temperature and cover it with plastic wrap for up to three days.
To freeze, wrap with plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe plastic bag for up to three months.
Frequently Asked Questions
I used King Arthur Measure For Measure Gluten-Free Flour to make this cake.
You can make this cake in a little over 30 minutes.
You do not need any butter at all to make this recipe. The eggs really do all the work in this fluffy cake.
Serve the cake at room temperature with vanilla ice cream. A scoop of vanilla ice cream makes everything better!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Gluten-Free Cherry Cake
- Cherry pitter
- 9-inch cake pan
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh cherries de-stemmed and de-pitted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- De-stem and de-pit the cherries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy using either a whisk or an electric mixer. Add the sugar and whisk until combined.
- Pour the baking powder and flour into the sugar and egg mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold the cherries into the batter. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cooled completely, remove the cake from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using a sifter.
- Store the cake at room temperature and cover it with plastic wrap.