I love mini pumpkin pies for Friendsgivings or a low-key Thanksgiving. They’re so easy to make, you can have them ready in no time! Plus, they’re the perfect size to share with friends or family. The best part is that you're not sacrificing the flavor of traditional pumpkin pie. You're just making it bite-sized! I like to use a gluten-free flour blend Cup4Cup for the crust because it has great texture and flavor.
- Pie Crust. My favorite pie crust recipe can be found here.
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
- Freshly Whipped Cream
- It's so important that you fully cool the pie before trying to cut circles out of the pie. I suggest putting the pie in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- A round, sturdy cookie-cutter is essential for clean cuts.
- Put the pie up and out of the cookie-cutter from underneath. This ensures the filling doesn't smudge.
- Round Cookie Cutters
- Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour
- Pie Pan
Can I use store-bought pie crust?
Yes, if you're not gluten-free or you have a good gluten-free brand you like. If you're using a refrigerated pie crust, make sure you thaw it completely before unrolling. A refrigerated pie crust can crumble if not properly thawed. My homemade pie crust recipe is easy to make and comes out with a nice flaky crust.
How do I get my pie crust to look nice and flaky?
You need to roll your pie crusts into balls first. Then flatten each ball into a disk using a rolling pin. The trick is to keep the edges even as you are rolling. If you don't, the edges will puff up more than the center.
Can I make these mini pumpkin pies ahead of time?
Yes, but the pie needs to be cooled completely before cutting. You'll want to put the pie in the refrigerator overnight or in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then, you can cut out the mini pumpkin pies.
Can I freeze these?
Yes, just let them thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 8 rounds.
How to store mini pumpkin pies?
Store in an airtight container.
Can I Use Other Fillings?
Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly whipped cream heavy cream, vanilla extract, and a dash of granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out your pie crust disk. Transfer the pie crust to a pie pan. Remember that the edges of the pie don't matter because you're using only the interior of the pie.
- Combine pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, salt, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for about 45 minutes. The top should be golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the pie is completely cooled, take a circular cookie cutter and cut out circles starting at the center of the pie.
- Line up the mini pumpkin bites on a tray and top with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Enjoy! You have eight individual pumpkin pies!
Leave a Reply