Oh no! The NEW Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pie has already sold out way before Thanksgiving. But, don't worry! I made a gluten-free copycat recipe that will knock your socks off!
Let's talk ingredients. Goodie Girl makes these awesome, crumbly cinnamon cookies that give the peanut butter filling a little something extra. And, of course, the recipe calls for creamy peanut butter. Keep reading for more information on the ingredients.
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Goodie Girl Cinnamon Cookies (or any crumbly, snickerdoodle or ginger cookie)
- Unsalted Butter
- Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Vanilla Extract
- A double boiler (optional)
- Removable Bottom Tart Pan
- A metal bowl
- A glass bowl
- Tempering chocolate can be difficult and time-consuming. Ghirardelli actually makes some awesome chocolate that doesn't require tempering, and you can microwave it!
- This tart pan with the removable bottom is essential. Trust me.
- When cutting this pie, run a sharp knife under hot water first. That makes it easier to slice through the chocolate.
- This recipe is actually super easy!
Can I use something other than peanut butter?
Sure! Try out almond butter or sunflower butter.
How do I store this peanut butter cup pie?
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 days.
What if I want to make this pie ahead of time?
You can freeze it for up to 2 months. Allow pie to thaw completely before slicing and serving.
What Kind of Chocolate Should I Use for the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Shell?
I used milk chocolate, but dark chocolate or white chocolate would be delicious!
What does it mean to temper chocolate?
If you're new to making candy, you might not know what tempering means. It's basically heating the chocolate until it becomes soft enough to work with.
How Do I Get This Recipe to Look Like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?
The tart pan is essential. You'll want to have a tart pan with scalloped sides!
What should I serve with this peanut butter cup pie?
You can serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, fresh whipped cream, or even chocolate syrup!
4-Ingredient "Reese's" Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 24 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 package cinnamon cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate either by tempering or following the package instructions.
- Pour half the melted chocolate in the bottom of the tart pan and spread out evenly. Place in the freezer for five minutes.
- Stir peanut butter, crumbled cookies, and melted butter together.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate shell you just created.
- Place in the freezer for five more minutes.
- Take the pie out of the freezer and top it with the remaining melted chocolate.
- Let sit in the freezer until time to serve. The chocolate mixture firms up in the freezer.