Chex mix is a delicious snack that everyone loves! Gluten-free, nut-free Chex mix is easy to make and tastes great. Bonus: you can really make this recipe your own by adding themed ingredients like chocolate footballs.
This mix is perfect for the super bowl or other football or sports parties. I used chocolate footballs and green M&M's to make this mix extra festive.
This recipe was inspired by my three-ingredient chocolate bark and pairs well with my oven-dried orange slices.
- Gluten-free pretzels
- Butter popcorn
- Chocolate footballs or chocolate balls
- Rice Chex
- Ground cinnamon
- Granulated sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, popcorn, M&M's, chocolate footballs, and Rice Chex. Stir to combine.
In a small bowl, stir together the ground cinnamon and granulated sugar.
Pour the granulated sugar mixture over the large bowl of Chex mix. Stir to combine.
Hint: You can use a large ziplock bag to really mix the Chex mix together with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. I use these ziplock bags.
- Chocolate balls - instead of chocolate balls, you can use buncha crunch.
- M&M's - use any type of M&M's you want!
- Spicy - replace the ground cinnamon with a dash of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
This recipe is not necessarily vegan because the chocolate I use contains dairy. However, you can totally make this nut-free mix vegan by adding vegan chocolate or omitting the chocolate completely.
It's easy! Just follow the instructions above and you'll have homemade Chex mix.
You can add seeds, spices, chocolate or other candies, or even different types of popcorn.
- Large mixing bowls - this is my FAVORITE set of mixing bowls. You can find them HERE.
Store the Chex mix in a large ziplock bag or an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Make sure to store the mix at room temperature in a dry place.
Use a ziplock bag to mix the Chex mix really well.
Simple Nut Free Chex Mix (gf)
- Mixing bowls
- Ziplock bag
- 1 cup Gluten-free pretzels
- 1 cup Butter popcorn
- ¼ cup M&M's
- ¼ cup Chocolate footballs or chocolate balls
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ⅛ cup Granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, popcorn, M&M's, chocolate footballs, and rice chex. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ground cinnamon and granualted sugar.
- Pour the granulated sugar mixture over the large bowl of chex mix. Stir to combine.
Leave a Reply