Is there anything better than a cake bar?
Sometimes a cake bar is all you need to brighten the day. Luckily, it’s super easy to make.
What is gluten-free flour?
Gluten-free flours are made from a variety of grains and starches that do not have the protein gliadin, which causes people with celiac disease to develop an autoimmune response in their small intestines when they eat foods containing wheat or barley. Gluten-free flours can be used for baking bread, cakes, cookies, pastries, etc.
I always use Cup4Cup gluten-free flour. I love the taste, and my recipes almost always turn out using this flour. They also offer specialized flours like pizza flour and ancient grain flour. This flour tastes delicious in these cake bars.
What are cake bars?
Cake Bars are basically baked desserts that resemble brownie bites but contain more ingredients than regular brownies. They're usually made by combining butter/oil, eggs, milk, sugars, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, and some type of sweetener into a thick mixture before pouring them onto a pan and then cutting them up after cooling.
How long does this take?
It takes about 30 minutes to make these delicious treats.
Sprinkles come in all shapes, sizes, colors, flavors, and textures! There's no one right way to sprinkle things; it depends on what your tastes are like as well as how much time you want to spend decorating. Some people prefer using just plain sugar while others love adding flavorings such as chocolate chips, nuts, coconut flakes, candy pieces, dried fruits, candies, marshmallows, pretzels, cereal bits, etc. The possibilities really are endless!
I like Funfetti sprinkles, but any sprinkles will work. Tailor the sprinkles and frosting color to the event!
You could use any kind of frosting you'd like - cream cheese icing, whipped topping, meringue, royal icing...the list goes on and on! I like to use plain vanilla buttercream on these cake bars.
- Orange frosting and green sprinkles
- Pink frosting and pink sprinkles
- White frosting and white sprinkles
- Green frosting and green sprinkles
- Blue frosting and silver sprinkles
Funfetti Cake Bars
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup oat milk or regular milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs and butter in a bowl.
- Add in sugar, baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Pour in milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x12 pan.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and frosting with vanilla buttercream. Finish with funfetti sprinkles.
Leave a Reply