Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with something extraordinary? Today, I'm thrilled to share with you a delightful recipe that's a fusion of two all-time favorites: banana bread and cookies. These Gluten-Free Banana Split Cookies are not just a treat to your palate but also a joy to bake. Perfect for those with a gluten sensitivity, these cookies are a must-try!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These cookies are a perfect blend of nostalgia and innovation. They embody the classic flavors of a banana split but in a convenient, hand-held cookie form. What's more, they are gluten-free, making them suitable for those who follow a gluten-free diet. With their moist texture, rich chocolate chunks, and a cherry on top, these cookies are a delightful indulgence.
Key Ingredients and Their Benefits
- Gluten-Free Flour: Provides the perfect structure for the cookies without the gluten.
- Bananas: Offer natural sweetness and moisture, making the cookies soft and flavorful.
- Dark Chocolate Chunks: Add a rich, indulgent flavor that complements the banana.
- Cherries: Bring a tart contrast to the sweetness and a vibrant pop of color.
- Whipped Cream: Adds a light, creamy texture, enhancing the overall mouthfeel.
- Prep Time: Begin by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: Use an electric mixer to blend the melted butter, mashed banana, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In another bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Merge Mixtures: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, ensuring they're well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and frozen cherries.
- Form Cookies: Scoop large balls of the cookie dough onto your baking sheet. Press dark chocolate chunks and confetti sprinkles into the top of each ball.
- Chill: Refrigerate the cookies for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake and Flatten: Bake for 20 minutes, removing every 5 minutes to flatten by pounding the baking sheet on the counter.
- Cool and Garnish: Once golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool. Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and an extra cherry.
Serve these delightful cookies as a special treat after dinner or as a snack during a cozy family gathering. They pair wonderfully with a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk.
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Consider topping with whipped cream right before serving.
Gluten-Free Banana Split Cookies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon colorful sprinkles
- Chocolate shavings
- ¼ cup whipped cream freshly whipped
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, mashed banana, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and egg using an electric mixer until well combined.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Combine Mixtures: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add Cherries: Gently fold in the chopped frozen cherries into the dough.
- Forming Cookies: Scoop large balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Press dark chocolate chunks and confetti sprinkles into the top of each dough ball.
- Chill: Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before baking.
- Baking: Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, removing every 5 minutes to flatten by gently pounding the baking sheet on the counter.
- Cooling: Remove from the oven once they are golden brown and allow to cool.
Flattening Tip: Flattening the cookies during baking helps achieve a crispier edge and chewy center.
Serving Suggestion: These cookies are best served fresh and can be enjoyed with a dollop of whipped cream and extra cherries on top.
Customization: Feel free to replace cherries with other fruits like strawberries or raspberries for a different twist.