If you've been scrolling through your social media feeds, you might have seen the mouth-watering apple cake that's been making the rounds. Well, it's time to bring this viral sensation into your gluten-free world with my own twist: a gluten-free apple cake that's not only delicious but also perfectly portioned for single servings!
Why You'll Love This Gluten-Free Apple Cake
This gluten-free apple cake is a game-changer for anyone following a gluten-free diet or just looking for a healthier dessert option. You'll love it because:
- It's perfectly portioned: No more worrying about overindulging!
- Gluten-free goodness: Using gluten-free flour ensures everyone can enjoy it.
- Sweet and simple: With brown sugar and vanilla, it has a rich, comforting flavor.
- Ideal for any occasion: Whether a cozy night in or a small gathering, these mini cakes fit the bill.
Key Ingredients and Their Benefits
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour: Provides the perfect texture without the gluten.
- Brown Sugar: Adds a deep, caramel-like sweetness, enhancing the apple flavor.
- Eggs and Whole Milk: Give the cake structure and richness.
- Apples: The star of the show, apples add natural sweetness and a delightful texture.
- Vanilla Bean Paste/Extract: Enhances the overall flavor profile of the cake.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line your mini baking dishes with parchment paper.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, melted butter, salt, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Gently fold in the gluten-free flour until just combined.
- Thinly slice the apples (using a mandolin for ultra-thin slices) and fold them into the batter.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the mini dishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
These mini gluten-free apple cakes are divine on their own, but for an extra touch of indulgence, top them with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. They're perfect for a cozy dessert or a sweet treat at brunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, but brown sugar provides a unique richness.
Absolutely, as it contains no nuts.
Yes, use your favorite plant-based milk and dairy-free butter.
Traditional Gluten-Free Apple Cake
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3 medium apples sliced ultra-thin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line mini baking dishes with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs, milk, brown sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla.
- Fold in gluten-free flour, then apples.
- Distribute evenly into dishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, cover with foil, bake another 5 minutes.