There’s nothing like a strawberry milkshake to brighten the day! The best part? It can be gluten-free, dairy-free, and only calls for three ingredients.
The Ice Cream
I went dairy-free almost four years ago when I noticed eating dairy was contributing to hormonal breakouts. That’s why most of my recipes have a dairy-free option available. I used to love Haagen Dazs ice cream before going DF, but luckily there are lots of delicious vegan ice cream options. My favorite has to be Oatly (made with oat milk) because the sweetness isn’t too overpowering like some coconut milk and almond milk ice creams. Oatly makes a wonderful strawberry ice cream so that’s what I used for this recipe.
I used classic oat milk from Oatly, but any plant-based or dairy milk will do the trick!
Almond extract adds a special zing to any milkshake, but vanilla would be delicious, too. I’m partial to almond extract because I grew up eating family recipes that usually called for almond extract.
There are tons of milkshake variations you can do with this basic recipe. Just remember to switch out the strawberry ice cream for classic vanilla.
- raspberry and orange zest
- cacao powder and banana
- peanut butter and cacao powder
- pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice
Strawberry Milkshake (DF, GF)
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup oat milk (or regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Almond milk Reddi Wip optional
- Sliced strawberries optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into glasses and top with almond milk whipped cream from Reddi Wip and strawberries.