Do you remember the first time you had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? That classic combination of sweet jelly and creamy peanut butter is a staple in many households, but have you ever tried Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshakes? That's right, the classic sandwich has been transformed into a decadent ice cream milkshake that is sure to please your taste buds. If you're a fan of Walt Disney World's extravagant ice cream shakes, then this copycat version of the Jelly Milk Shake is for you. With its creamy vanilla ice cream, smooth peanut butter, and burst of jelly flavor, you'll feel like you're at Disney World with every sip.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. Stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
This sweet treat is made with just a few simple ingredients - vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, jelly, milk, and optional toppings like whipped cream and crushed peanuts. The ingredients are blended together in a blender until smooth, then poured into chilled glasses. The result is a rich and creamy milkshake that will transport you to your childhood days with every sip. To make it even more fun, you can serve the milkshakes in glasses with fun designs or toppings.
So why not give these Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshakes a try? With its rich and decadent taste, it's sure to become a new family favorite. Whether you're looking for a sweet treat on a hot summer day or a fun dessert to make with your kids, this milkshake recipe is sure to please. So grab your blender, gather your ingredients, and let's get started!
Looking for more gluten free recipes? Check out How to Make the BEST Oven Dried Orange Slices, Easy No-Knead Gluten Free Bread, and No Bake Chocolate Pomegranate Bites.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshakes
This Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake, also known as the Jelly Milk Shake, combines the flavors of your childhood favorite sandwich with high-quality vanilla ice cream for a delicious taste. To make it, you simply blend together vanilla ice cream, creamy peanut butter, a cup of milk, and jelly, then add any additional peanut butter and toppings you desire. This shake is the perfect combination of sweet and creamy, making it a must-try for anyone who loves ice cream and the classic flavor of peanut butter and jelly.
If you're a fan of Walt Disney World, you might recognize this milkshake as a popular treat at the park. With its smooth and creamy texture, it's no wonder why it's a fan favorite. And with a prep time of just minutes, you can enjoy a taste of Disney World right in your own kitchen. So whether you're in the mood for a sweet treat or a nostalgic trip down memory lane, this Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake is sure to hit the spot.
What is the best milk to ice cream ratio for milkshakes?
A good rule of thumb is to use at least a cup of milk for milkshakes, but the exact amount depends on your preference. For a thicker shake, use less milk, and for a thinner consistency, use more milk. You can always adjust the amount of milk to get the perfect texture for your taste buds. Experiment with different ratios to find the one that works best for you!
- Vanilla Ice Cream: At least 1 cup of vanilla ice cream is needed for a creamy, smooth base in the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshakes.
- Peanut Butter: Adds a rich, nutty flavor and creaminess to the shake.
- Jelly: Gives the shake its iconic jelly flavor.
- Milk: At least a cup of milk is recommended to create the desired consistency, but the amount can be adjusted to preference.
- Heavy Cream: Optional for an extra creamy texture.
- Garnish: Toppers like whipped cream, crushed peanuts, and cherries are optional for a fun and delicious garnish.
Blend Vanilla Ice Cream
In a blender, combine 1 cup of vanilla ice cream with ½ cup of creamy peanut butter and ¼ cup of jelly.
Gradually add in at least 1 cup of milk and blend until smooth.
If you prefer a thicker shake, use less milk. If you prefer a thinner shake, use more milk. Blend until you reach your desired consistency.
Pour into Chilled Glass
Pour the shake into a chilled glass.
Top with whipped cream, crushed peanuts, and a cherry, if desired.
Enjoy your creamy, sweet Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake!
Expert Tips for the Perfect Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake:
- Choose the Right Peanut Butter: Opt for a creamy peanut butter, not chunky, for a smooth shake.
- Adjust Milk Amount: Use at least a cup of milk, but feel free to adjust the amount to achieve the desired consistency.
- Mix in Blobs of Jelly: For a fun twist, swirl in blobs of jelly instead of fully incorporating it into the shake.
- Experiment with Flavors: Try different types of jelly to change up the flavor of your milkshake.
- Incorporate into Other Dessert Recipes: Use this shake recipe as a base and experiment with other flavors to create unique and delicious dessert recipes.
Variations of the Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake:
- Grape Jelly: Substitute strawberry jelly with grape jelly for a different flavor.
- Almond Butter: Try using almond butter for a healthier version or for a nuttier taste.
- Butter-Swirl Ice Cream: Use butter-swirl ice cream for added richness and depth of flavor.
- Chocolate Desserts: Add in cocoa powder or chocolate syrup for a decadent chocolate ice cream treat.
- Healthy Version: Use dairy-free ice cream and almond or soy milk for a healthier alternative.
- Cream Soda: Add a splash of cream soda for a fun and bubbly twist.
- Frozen Yogurt: Use frozen yogurt instead of ice cream for a lighter version.
- Strawberry Garnish: Top with a fresh strawberry for a beautiful and delicious garnish.
- Glasses with Garnishes: Serve in fun glasses and add decorative garnishes for a touch of whimsy inspired by Walt Disney World Resort.
Ingredient Substitutions for Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake:
- Milk: Use at least a cup of milk, but you can use more or less depending on your desired consistency for your sweet and creamy frozen drink.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Use other flavors of ice cream or frozen yogurt for a different taste.
- Peanut Butter: Substitute with almond or cashew butter for a nutty twist.
- Jelly: Use jam, fruit spread, or even fresh fruit for a variety of flavors.
- Whipped Cream: Use coconut whipped cream or whipped coconut cream for a dairy-free option.
- Peanuts: Substitute with crushed almonds, cashews, or other nuts for a crunchy texture.
- Cherries: Use other fruit toppings such as strawberries or raspberries for a different twist.
What jam or jelly should I use?
For a Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake, use strawberry or your favorite jelly to add a hint of fruity sweetness to this decadent treat. The jelly provides a unique twist to your childhood favorite and transforms it into a delicious and satisfying dessert. Feel free to experiment with different jellies to find your favorite. The choice of jelly is yours and yours alone, so choose wisely to make the most of this fun and flavorful treat!
Can I use heavy cream instead of ice cream in a milkshake?
No, but Try These Alternatives:
Heavy cream cannot replace ice cream in a milkshake. While heavy cream can provide a creamy texture, it doesn't have the right sweetness or frozen texture needed for a classic milkshake. Instead, try using frozen yogurt, dairy-free ice cream, or even a scoop of Butter-Swirl Ice Cream for a creamy and sweet drink. You can also add a scoop of your favorite sorbet to create a unique and fruity frozen treat. Get creative and have fun with your milkshake ingredients to make it a sweet and creamy delight!
You can use your favorite jelly flavor. Strawberry jelly is a classic choice for a PB&J milkshake, but you can also try grape or any other fruity flavor.
No, heavy cream cannot replace ice cream in a milkshake. Ice cream is essential to achieve the right texture and sweetness in the milkshake.
The amount of milk needed depends on your desired consistency. A good starting point is at least 1 cup of milk. You can add more or less to achieve the thickness you prefer.
Yes, you can use dairy-free ice cream to make this recipe dairy-free. You can also use almond or soy milk instead of cow's milk.
Yes, you can add extra peanut butter to make the milkshake more peanut buttery. However, be careful not to add too much or it will overpower the jelly flavor.
Yes, you can use chunky peanut butter if you prefer a textured peanut butter flavor.
To make a healthier version of this milkshake, you can use frozen yogurt or a dairy-free ice cream alternative. You can also opt for a sugar-free or low-fat jelly.
Yes, you can add other flavors to this recipe to make it unique. For example, try adding a splash of cream soda or some decadent chocolate ice cream to the mix. Get creative and have fun with your milkshake recipe!
Copycat Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshakes
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup strawberry jelly
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream optional
- Crushed peanuts optional
- Cherries optional
- Combine ice cream, peanut butter, jelly, and milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and pour into cups.
- Top with whipped cream, peanuts, and cherries.
Leave a Reply