These chocolate-covered pretzels are the easy, quick treat you need this Holiday season! The pretzels are gluten-free and covered in white chocolate.
You can make these ahead of time and keep them in a sealed container for up to 1 week. They’re perfect for parties or as an after-dinner snack. Or, wrap them up in little cellophane bags and tie them with ribbon for a cute hostess gift.
- Gluten-free pretzels
- An assortment of Christmas sprinkles
- Melted white chocolate
What Type of Chocolate to Use for Chocolate Covered Pretzels?
I used Ghiradelli melting chocolate wafers because they melt well and there's no need to temper them. Just throw them in the microwave and you're all set!
Do chocolate-covered pretzels need to be refrigerated?
Yes, but not too long. I recommend keeping them in a cool place until you serve them. If you do want to store them longer than that, just cover them with plastic wrap first.
How many pretzels should I use?
That depends on how big your jar is. You'll have about 3 cups of melted chocolate when it's done so you'll probably end up using around 20 pretzels.
How long do chocolate-covered pretzels last?
They will stay fresh for at least 2 weeks if stored properly. To ensure their freshness, seal them tightly and store them in a cool place.
Can I use other types of chocolate instead of white chocolate?
Absolutely! Try milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even peanut butter chips. You could also try dipping pretzels in melted chocolate and sprinkling with colored sugar.
Christmas Chocolate Pretzels
- 1 package gluten-free or regular pretzels
- 3 cups or 1 package melted chocolate
- Christmas sprinkles
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Dip half the pretzel in melted chocolate and lay flat on the parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Sprinkle pretzels with an assortment of Christmas sprinkles.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy or save in an airtight container.