Cinnamon raisin bread is a classic quick bread that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. This gluten-free version of the classic recipe is made with a mixture of dry ingredients, including gluten-free flour and baking powder, and wet ingredients, including almond milk and coconut yogurt. The result is a tender and fluffy loaf of bread that is packed with cozy cinnamon and raisin flavors.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. Stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
The secret to this delicious gluten-free cinnamon raisin bread is in the sugar topping mixture. A blend of brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon is sprinkled between the layers of batter, creating a delicious swirl of sweetness throughout the bread. After baking, the bread is topped with a simple glaze frosting, made from powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon, for an extra touch of sweetness.
Whether you enjoy it for breakfast as a slice of cinnamon raisin toast, or as a midday snack, this gluten-free cinnamon raisin bread is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Its irresistible flavor, combined with its tender texture, makes it the perfect choice for anyone with a sweet tooth. So why not bake a loaf today and experience the magic of cinnamon raisin bread for yourself!
Looking for more gluten free recipes? Check out How to Make the BEST Oven Dried Orange Slices, Easy No-Knead Gluten Free Bread, and No Bake Chocolate Pomegranate Bites.
What is a quick bread?
A quick bread is a type of baked good made without yeast. Instead, it uses baking powder or baking soda as a leavening agent. Quick breads are known for their simple preparation, as the dry ingredients are mixed with the wet ingredients to form the batter, then baked in the oven. They can be sweet or savory, and are often sliced into 10-12 portions for serving. Quick breads are a popular choice for satisfying your sweet tooth, such as the classic cinnamon raisin bread. This sweet loaf is made with granulated sugar, cinnamon, and raisins, creating a bit of gooeyness in every bite.
Why You'll Love This Cinnamon Bread
You'll love this bread because of its delicious cinnamon flavor and gooey vanilla glaze. The quick bread batter is packed with a cinnamon sugar swirl, adding a touch of sweetness to every bite. Topped with a pourable glaze made from powdered sugar and milk, this cinnamon raisin bread is simply irresistible. Cut a slice with a butter knife and experience the perfect combination of soft and tender bread with a touch of gooeyness. This bread is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves the taste of cinnamon.
Egg-Free Cinnamon Bread
To make this recipe egg-free, you can use a flax or chia egg. Simply mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax or chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Replace the egg in the recipe with the flax or chia egg mixture. This will not affect the delicious cinnamon sugar swirl in the entire loaf of gluten-free bread. You'll still get excellent loaves that are perfect for those following a gluten-free diet. Enjoy the cinnamon sugar mixture without any worry.
- Baking Powder: Leavening agent that helps the bread rise.
- Xanthan gum: A binding ingredient that helps give the bread structure and texture. This is found in the gluten-free flour blend.
- Ground Cinnamon: Adds the cinnamon flavor and swirls in the bread.
- Liquid Ingredients: Melted butter, milk, and an egg provides moisture to the bread.
- Juicy Raisins: Adds a fruity and sweet flavor to the bread.
- Gooey Vanilla Glaze: A topping made from powdered sugar and milk that adds sweetness and flavor to the bread.
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture: A mixture of granulated sugar, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon that forms the filling and swirls in the bread. Coconut sugar is a healthier alternative to regular sugar that can be used in place of granulated sugar in the filling mixture.
- Teaspoon Salt: Enhances the flavor of the bread.
- Teaspoon Vanilla Extract: Adds flavor to the bread.
- Gluten-Free Flour: A flour blend that contains no gluten, perfect for those with gluten intolerance.
- Regular Milk: Provides moisture and richness to the bread. Can be substituted with almond milk.
- Melted Butter: Adds richness and flavor to the bread.
- Powdered Sugar: Used in the glaze to add sweetness to the bread.
Internal Temperature: The temperature of the bread when it is fully baked, which should be around 200°F.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour mixture.
Making the Batter
- In a mixer, beat melted butter and granulated sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the bowl while mixer runs on low speed. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in juicy raisins.
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
- In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture into the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the internal temperature of the cinnamon swirl bread reaches 200°F.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour the glaze frosting over the cooled cinnamon swirl bread.
Enjoy your delicious, warm, and gooey cinnamon swirl bread with a bit of vanilla glaze!
Why do I add greek yogurt?
Greek yogurt adds moisture to the homemade bread, making it more tender and giving it a better texture. It really goes well with a flax egg if you don't have a real egg, too. The result is a delicious slice of bread with a perfect texture and moist crumb.
How to Check Doneness
To check the doneness of the cinnamon swirl bread, insert a thermometer into the center of the loaf. The internal temperature should read 190-200°F. If the internal temperature hasn't reached this range after 50-55 minutes of baking, return the loaf to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes, checking every 5 minutes until it reaches the desired temperature. The filling may darken too quickly, in which case, cover the top of the loaf with foil for the final 35-40 minutes of baking.
How to Swirl the Cinnamon-Sugar
To swirl the cinnamon and sugar, mix the cinnamon and sugar together for the filling. Take a knife and swirl it into the quick bread batter before baking to create a crunchy filling with cinnamon flavor.
- Use a separate bowl to combine the dry ingredients.
- Avoid using apple cider vinegar, it won't make a difference in this particular batter.
- If the drizzle mixture is too thin, use only a teaspoon of milk.
- To enhance the cozy flavors, don't skip the ground cinnamon.
- Stir the glaze frosting before pouring it over the warm bread.
- For gluten-free bread, use a gluten-free flour blend with xanthan gum.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking the bread for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before serving.
Swirl Bread Variations
- French Toast: Dip slices of the bread in a mixture of beaten eggs, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of cinnamon, then fry in vegan butter.
- Gluten-Free Maple Cinnamon Bread: Replace the flour with almond flour and use coconut oil instead of melted butter. Use coconut sugar and maple syrup instead of granulated sugar.
- Cinnamon Buns: Roll out the quick bread batter, spread a mixture of cinnamon, brown sugar and a pat of butter, then roll and slice into mini buns. Bake in a loaf pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Banana Bread: Mix in mashed bananas into the quick bread batter before adding the wet ingredients.
- Other variations: Add in different spices like nutmeg or allspice, try using different types of sugar, or add in different dried fruits like cranberries or apricots.
- Almond milk can replace regular milk in the recipe.
- Vegan butter can be used instead of regular butter.
- Flax egg can be used for an egg-free recipe.
- Almond flour can be used instead of gluten-free flour.
- Coconut flour can be used as a substitute for gluten-free flour.
- For the glaze, coconut oil can be used instead of unsalted butter.
- Maple syrup can be used as a substitute for sugar in the glaze.
- For a sweeter recipe, increase the amount of maple syrup in the glaze.
- Use coconut milk instead of regular milk for a different flavor.
- Banana bread can be made with the recipe by adding mashed bananas.
- Quick bread recipes can use this recipe as a base.
- Add raisins for a sweet and juicy twist.
- Use non-dairy milk for a vegan version.
- Adjust baking time for different baking pans and prepare the loaf accordingly.
- Use vanilla extract for a stronger flavor.
- Freezer safe bag
- Piece of foil
- Baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Parchment paper
- Wrap the bread in a piece of foil or place in a freezer-safe bag.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, wrap in foil and warm in the oven at 350°F until the bread is golden brown and warm again.
- Enjoy this delicious treat!
Yes, you can use a flax egg and vegan butter in place of regular egg and butter. Additionally, you can use non-dairy milk in the glaze.
To make the glaze thicker, add less liquid. To make it thinner, add more liquid.
Yes, you can use maple syrup or coconut sugar instead of regular sugar.
Yes, you can add nuts to the bread batter or on top of the cinnamon swirl filling.
This bread can last up to 5 days when stored properly in an airtight container.
Yes, you can freeze the bread by wrapping it in a freezer-safe bag or with a piece of foil.
This bread should be baked at 350°F.
Swirl Gluten Free Cinnamon Bread Recipe with Raisins
- Freezer safe bag
- Piece of foil
- Baking dish
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Parchment paper
Cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- ⅓ cup yogurt I use coconut yogurt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/1 cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for filling mixture
- ¼ cup brown sugar for filling mixture
- 1 cup milk I use almond
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 50 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine egg, yogurt, and butter in a large bowl. Whisk in the ½ cup sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder and gluten free flour. Slowly fold into the wet mixture.
- Once the mixture is combined, add the milk and whisk until there are no lumps.
- To make the filling, combine ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Pour half the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with half the filling mixture. Top with remaining bread batter and top with the remaining filling mixture.
- Take a knife and wiggle it down the center of the bread, making swirls of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Drizzle over the top of the bread after it is out of the oven.
Leave a Reply