Gooey layers of apples, caramel, and chocolate chips make these fruit nachos the most delicious dessert!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
I love the idea of fruit nachos. They're an easy dessert that takes no time to put together and is totally delicious. The thinly sliced apples are topped with gooey caramel, and peanut butter and sprinkled with chocolate chips and sliced almonds. You can easily add hot fudge, granola, or dried fruit to make these nachos even better.
If you're looking for recipes like my fruit nachos, check out my creamy cherry nice cream and my oreo-dipped chocolate apple slices.
What are Dessert Nachos
Dessert nachos are made with a combination of fresh fruits like apples or pineapple, drizzles and sauces like caramel and hot fudge, and toppings like dried fruit, nuts, and seeds. Fruit nachos are easy to put together and delicious!
- Apples: I use a mix of granny smith apples and pink lady apples. Try to get medium apples.
- Caramel sauce: I use store-bought caramel sauce, but you can also make your own.
- Peanut butter: I love adding peanut butter to my fruit nachos for an extra creamy twist.
See recipe card for quantities.
Thinly slice the apples and layer them on a plate. I use a mandoline.
Drizzle the apples with caramel sauce and peanut butter.
Top with sliced almonds and chocolate chips.
Hint: It's helpful to warm the peanut butter in the microwave to make it easier to drizzle.
- Apples - use thinly sliced kiwi or a cup strawberries instead of the apples.
- Chocolate chips - use white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips. White chocolate chips are a great substitution!
- Vegetarian - the beef hamburger can be replaced with a plant-based burger to make this vegetarian
- Greek yogurt - add a dollop of plain greek yogurt on top of the apples.
- Whipped cream - add whipped cream to the top of the apples for a sweet treat.
See this recipe for chocolate-covered pineapple on my website!
Store the apples in the fridge in an airtight container overnight. You can sprinkle the apples with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
Prepare these dessert nachos ahead of time by slicing the apples and storing them in the fridge after sprinkling them with lemon juice. Then, assemble the dessert nachos right before serving.
You can also use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper instead of a plate to serve a crowd.
Fruit Nachos with Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 5 medium apples
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Thinly slice the apples and layer them on a plate. I use a mandoline.
- Drizzle the apples with caramel sauce and peanut butter.
- Top with sliced almonds and chocolate chips.
Leave a Reply