This creamy cherry nice cream takes five minutes to make, is no-churn, and has only three ingredients. It's the perfect frozen treat!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
Delicious creamy cherry nice cream is made with plain greek yogurt, frozen sweet cherries, and a touch of honey. I used a frozen cherry blend that included blueberries and strawberries, too.
Reasons to Make This Cherry Nice Cream
- Vegan-friendly - you can easily make this recipe vegan by using dairy-free greek yogurt.
- Easy - this cherry recipe only takes 5 minutes to put together and has a wonderful creamy texture.
- Gluten-free - I love making nice cream because it's naturally gluten-free!
- Simple ingredients - there are only 3 simple ingredients in this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt: I use plain Fage greek yogurt. If you want the nice cream to be sweet, choose a vanilla-flavored greek yogurt.
- Frozen Cherries: I chose a frozen cherry mix with blueberries and strawberries.
See recipe card for quantities.
Add the greek yogurt, frozen cherries, and honey to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
The mixture should have a creamy consistency.
Pour the mixture into a metal loaf pan.
Remove from the freezer after 6 hours and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping using an ice cream scoop.
Hint: it can be helpful to use a reusable ice cream container instead of a loaf pan. Find a great one HERE.
How to Make Vegan Nice Cream
Instead of plain greek yogurt, choose a non-dairy greek yogurt alternative. Kite Hill and Culina make great options to make this vegan ice cream!
- Chocolate - add chocolate chips to the nice cream AFTER blending but before freezing. This will give you chocolate chip nice cream with cherries.
- Frozen Bananas - you can add 2 frozen bananas or 2 ripe bananas to this nice cream recipe for cherry banana ice cream.
- Fresh Cherries - you can use the same amount of fresh cherries instead of frozen cherries. Just make sure they're pitted!
- Vanilla Extract - add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract before blending. You can also do the same with almond extract.
See my recipe for 3 ingredient strawberry frozen yogurt on my website!
Store in the freezer wrapped in plastic wrap and a freezer-safe plastic bag for up to a month. You can also store it in a freezer-safe container. Let the nice cream thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
Make sure to let the nice cream thaw for at least 15 minutes before serving.
It's very similar, but soft-serve ice cream is…softer!
Creamy Cherry Nice Cream
- 2 cups unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- ¼ cup honey
- Add the greek yogurt, frozen cherries, and honey to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- The mixture should have a creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a metal loaf pan.
- Remove from the freezer after 6 hours and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping using an ice cream scoop.