Chocolate bowls are a fun and creative way to serve your favorite desserts. Whether you fill them with ice cream, fruit, or mousse, these edible chocolate bowls add an extra layer of indulgence to your desserts. In this blog post, we will show you how to make balloon chocolate bowls using dark or bittersweet chocolate. These chocolate bowls are easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients, including balloons, parchment paper, and a cookie sheet.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. Stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
If you are looking for a unique way to present your desserts, then making chocolate bowls is a great option. You can use dark, bittersweet, or white chocolate to make the chocolate bases, depending on your personal preference. The key to making perfect chocolate bowls is to inflate the balloons to the right size and dip them into the melted chocolate mixture. Make sure to use room temperature chocolate, so the balloons don't pop.
Once the chocolate has set on the balloons, gently pop them and remove the balloons. The result will be beautiful, edible chocolate bowls that are ready to be filled with your favorite desserts. Line the balloons on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and enjoy the process of making these creative and delicious chocolate bowls. With a few simple steps, you can create stunning chocolate bowls that will impress your guests and make your desserts even more irresistible.
How to make a chocolate bowl out of balloons?
Balloon chocolate bowls are a fun and unique way to serve your desserts, especially ice cream. You make them by dipping a balloon in melted real chocolate and placing it on a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The chocolate sets in 5-10 minutes, creating a beautiful bowl shape. Pop the balloon and you have an edible, real chocolate bowl ready to be filled with your favorite treats, like vanilla ice cream. It's a fun and creative idea to impress your guests and elevate your dessert presentation.
What You Need
To make balloon chocolate bowls, you need real chocolate, balloons, a cookie sheet, parchment paper, and a glass or metal bowl. You also need extra balloons in case some pop during the process. The recipe is simple and requires just a few supplies to make beautiful and delicious edible chocolate bowls.
Temper the real chocolate:
Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method.
Dip the balloons in the melted chocolate:
Hold the balloon by the knot and dip it into the melted chocolate until fully coated. Let the excess chocolate drip off and place the bowl with balloons on the prepared cookie sheet.
Let the chocolate set:
Leave the balloons to set for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Create the bowls:
Gently pop the balloons and peel them off the chocolate, leaving behind the amazing chocolate balloon bowls. If the chocolate pools at the bottom, use a knife to even it out.
Fill the chocolate bowls with your favorite dessert and enjoy!
Is the bowl edible?
Yes, the bowl is edible. It's made from tempered melted real chocolate and then dipped into balloons. The excess chocolate drips off, leaving behind chocolate pools that form the bowl shape when the balloons are placed on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. The chocolate sets and the balloons are popped to reveal the edible chocolate bowls, ready to be filled with your favorite dessert.
Fill the balloon chocolate bowls with a variety of sweet treats. Some serving suggestions include:
- Fresh fruit: Fill the bowls with sliced fresh fruit, like raspberries or blackberries, for a healthy and delicious dessert.
- Morning cereal: Use the chocolate bowls as a fun and creative way to serve your morning cereal.
- Banana splits: Serve classic banana splits in the chocolate bowls for an extra special touch.
- Sweet Treats: Fill the bowls with your favorite sweet treats, like ice cream, mousse, or whipped cream, for a decadent dessert. These amazing chocolate bowls, made by dipping balloons in chocolate, are versatile. Use them to serve a variety of sweet treats.
Other Chocolate Variations
- White chocolate: Create the same chocolate balloon bowls, but using white chocolate instead of the traditional bittersweet or dark chocolate.
- Cheaper chocolate: Use a cheaper brand of chocolate, but temper it properly to ensure a smooth and shiny bowl.
- Chocolate swirl: Mix melted white and dark chocolate together before dipping the balloons in the mixture, creating a beautiful swirl pattern on the bowl.
- Milk chocolate: Try making the chocolate balloon bowls using milk chocolate for a sweeter and creamier option. Tempering the chocolate using a double boiler is key to creating a smooth and shiny bowl. Experiment with different types of chocolate to find your favorite.
To store the chocolate balloon bowls, gently place them in an airtight container. Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight. Do not stack the bowls, as the weight can cause them to lose their shape. The bowls will last for several days, but it's recommended to make them just before serving, using the chocolate balloon bowls recipe, for the best texture and shine. Make sure to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper, and let the excess chocolate run off, creating chocolate pools that form the bowl shape before the balloons are popped.
You can use any type of chocolate you like, but it's best to use high-quality chocolate that is meant for baking and melting. Dark, milk, or white chocolate all work well.
It's not recommended to make the bowls too far in advance, as they can start to lose their shape and texture after a few hours. It's best to make them just before serving.
No, the balloons should not be reused as they can have small holes or tears after being popped. It's best to use new balloons each time you make the bowls.
The melted chocolate can be easily cleaned up with a damp cloth or paper towel. If it has hardened, it can be scraped off with a spatula.
Yes, you can add flavors like vanilla extract or liqueur to the melted chocolate to give it a unique taste. Just make sure to mix it in thoroughly.
Balloon Chocolate Bowls: How To Make
- parchmnet paper
- Mixing bowl set
- 7 ounces dark chocolate melted
- 8 balloons
- Melt the dark chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Inflate the balloons until they are medium size.
- Dip the bottom of the balloon in the melted chocolate 3 times. Make sure the chocolate is room temperature NOT HOT before dipping the balloons in the chocolate.
- Line the balloons on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once the chocolate has set (about 15 minutes) take a pin and gently pop the balloon. Peel the popped balloon off the bottom of the chocolate bowl carefully.