Are you a gluten-free foodie with a sweet tooth? If so, I've got just the recipe for you. Introducing my recipe for a gluten free crumbl cookie - a homemade version of the popular crumbly, chewy cookie that's sure to satisfy any cookie lover's cravings. Made with gluten-free flour and normal butter, these cookies are a copycat version of the original that are just as delicious, and perfect for anyone with food allergies.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. Stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
One of the secrets to creating the perfect crumbly texture of this gluten free crumbl cookie recipe is by using a cookie scoop. This helps to create uniform cookies that will bake evenly and prevent any unwanted spread. For the gluten-free version, I recommend using a measure for measure flour, which will give you the same texture and taste as traditional flour.
These gluten-free Crumbl cookies are perfect for anyone who loves soft, frosted cookies. The homemade version of these giant cookies is a great way to indulge your sweet tooth, without worrying about any food allergies. Plus, with the variety of flavors and styles of cookies, there's something for everyone. Simply line your baking sheets with parchment paper, scoop the dough, and get ready to enjoy!
In conclusion, whether you're gluten-free or not, these cookies are a must-try. With their crumbly texture and delicious flavors, they're the perfect treat for anyone who loves cookies. So, grab your cookie scoop, measure for measure flour, and normal butter, and get ready to create your own batch of these scrumptious gluten-free Crumbl Cookies.
Looking for more gluten free recipes? Check out How to Make the BEST Oven Dried Orange Slices, Easy No-Knead Gluten Free Bread, and No Bake Chocolate Pomegranate Bites.
Why You'll Love These Gluten Free Crumbl Cookies
You'll love this gluten-free Crumbl Cookies recipe for its simplicity and delicious results. With just a few simple ingredients, including measure for measure flour and normal butter, you can create these amazing cookies that everyone will love.
This gluten free crumbl cookie recipe calls for vanilla extract, which adds a delicious flavor to the cookies. And with a baking time of just 12-13 minutes, you'll have warm, fresh cookies in no time.
To make the cookies, simply combine the ingredients in a medium bowl and use a cookie scoop to shape the dough into balls. Then, bake the cookies on lined baking sheets and you're done!
These gluten-free Crumbl Cookies are perfect for anyone who loves frosted or soft-style cookies. And with the use of gluten-free flour, you can indulge in these delicious treats even if you have food allergies. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy these scrumptious cookies!
The key ingredients for these delicious gluten-free crumbl cookies are:
- Gluten-free flour blend: This ingredient is essential for making these cookies gluten-free. Our recipe uses a measure for measure flour, which is a specially designed gluten-free flour blend that mimics the texture and taste of regular flour. Make sure the blend you choose contains xanthan gum, which gives the cookies a gooey texture and helps hold them together. I recommend using King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour.
- Granulated sugar: This ingredient is added to the wet ingredients to give the cookies a sweet flavor. Our recipe uses granulated sugar instead of brown sugar to make the cookies light and buttery.
- Vanilla extract: This ingredient is added to the wet ingredients to give the cookies a delicious flavor. It adds a sweet and fragrant taste to the dough.
- Ground cinnamon powder: This ingredient is added to the dry ingredients to give the cookies a warm and spicy flavor. It's a perfect complement to the sweet and buttery cookies.
- Powdered sugar: This ingredient is used to make the cinnamon buttercream frosting for the frosted cookies. It creates a smooth and creamy texture for the frosting.
- Normal butter: This ingredient is used in the cookie dough to give the cookies a buttery flavor. It's a perfect ingredient for creating rich and flavorful cookies.
These key ingredients create a delicious cookie that is perfect for those with gluten allergies. With the use of gluten-free flour and xanthan gum, these cookies maintain the perfect crumbly texture. The addition of vanilla extract, ground cinnamon powder, and normal butter creates a rich and buttery flavor, making these crumbl cookies a perfect treat for anyone who loves soft-style or frosted cookies.
Preparing the Wet Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the unsalted butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and mix at medium speed until combined.
- Beat in an egg and vanilla extract, and continue mixing until the wet ingredients are well combined.
Preparing the Cookie Dough:
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and ground cinnamon powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to form the dough into balls, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Baking the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and bake the cookies on the center rack for 12-13 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-7 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Making the Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, blend the unsalted butter until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix on medium-high speed until well combined.
- Add in ground cinnamon powder and continue mixing on medium speed until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Use an electric hand mixer or Kitchen Aid mixer to make the frosting easier to handle.
Frosting the Cookies:
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, use a small spatula or piping bag to frost each cookie with a dollop of cinnamon buttercream frosting.
- Enjoy your delicious gluten-free Crumbl Cookies!
Expert Tips for Cookies
To ensure the best results for your gluten-free Crumbl cookies, here are some expert tips to keep in mind:
- Use a cookie scoop to make uniform cookie dough balls that are the same size for even baking.
- Use measure for measure flour to get the same texture and taste as regular flour.
- For extra flavor, add a dash of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients for chocolate Crumbl cookies.
- To keep the cookies from spreading too much, make sure to bake them on the center rack of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-7 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- Blend the unsalted butter until it's smooth and creamy before adding in the granulated sugar to ensure the best butter mixture.
- Make mini cookies by using a smaller cookie scoop or simply breaking the cookie dough balls in half before baking.
- Experiment with different flavors of cookies by adding in your favorite spices or extracts.
- For dairy-free cookies, use a dairy-free butter substitute in place of unsalted butter.
By following these expert tips, you can ensure that your gluten-free Crumbl cookies turn out delicious and perfect every time!
Looking for some recipe variations to try with your gluten-free Crumbl cookies? Here are some ideas to switch up your baking game:
- Make a dairy-free version of cream cheese frosting by using vegan cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese alternative and an electric mixer to blend it until smooth.
- Try different flavors of frosting to complement your cookies, such as almond extract or heavy cream to make a creamy and delicious frosting.
- Use a variety of baking sheets to create different sizes and shapes of cookies, such as mini cookies or giant cookies.
- Create a flour blend using your favorite gluten-free flours to experiment with different flavors and textures in your cookies.
- Add Oreo crumbl to the cookie dough for a delicious and crunchy twist on the classic Crumbl cookie.
- For a creamier frosting, add a tablespoon of cream to your normal cream cheese frosting.
- Make a vegan version of the Crumbl cookie by using vegan butter in place of normal butter.
- Experiment with different sizes of cookies by using a smaller cookie scoop to make mini cookies.
With these recipe variations, you can create a variety of delicious gluten-free Crumbl cookies to satisfy all your sweet cravings. Get creative and have fun with your baking!
What gluten free flour should I use?
For the best results, I recommend using either King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour blend or Cup4Cup flour blend. These flour blends are specially designed to mimic the texture and taste of traditional flour in recipes like the gluten-free crumbl cookies recipe, cookie copycat recipes, and gluten-free sugar cookie recipes. They are made with a blend of rice flour, tapioca flour, and xanthan gum, which gives the cookies a perfect crumbly texture.
While other gluten-free flours like almond flour and coconut flour can be used in baking, they can alter the cookie flavor and texture. A 1:1 gluten-free flour blend is a good substitute, but the texture may vary slightly depending on the brand.
No matter which flour blend you choose, make sure to use parchment paper on your baking sheets for the best results. Happy baking!
To keep your gluten-free Crumbl cookies fresh, store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Make sure to let the cookies cool completely before storing them in the container to prevent any moisture from building up.
If you've made frosting for your cookies, store it separately in an airtight container or mixer bowl in the refrigerator.
With proper storage in an airtight container, your gluten-free Crumbl cookies can stay fresh and delicious for several days.
A crumbl cookie is a type of cookie that has a crumbly texture, similar to a shortbread cookie.
Not all crumbl cookies are gluten-free, but there are many recipes for gluten-free crumbl cookies using special gluten-free flours.
Yes, you can make crumbl cookies without a cookie scoop by using your hands to roll the dough into balls.
Snickerdoodle Gluten Free Crumbl Cookie Recipe
- Mixing bowl set
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ cup sugar for rolling
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, add brown sugar and egg, and mix.
- Add vanilla, then mix in dry ingredients.
- Roll dough into balls, then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting
The buttercream frosting
- In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, blend the butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until well combined.
- Drizzle in cold milk and vanilla extract.
- Once the frosting has reached a spreadable consistency, add in the ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Pipe the frosting onto cooled cookies and serve.
Leave a Reply