What's better than under-the-sea inspired gluten-free vanilla madeleines? Nothing!!
This recipe is perfect for a birthday party with a mermaid, shark, or ocean theme. It's perfect for both kids and adults.
This recipe goes really well with my chocolate box cookies and was inspired by my chocolate strawberry madeleines.
- Gluten-free flour
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease the madeleine tins.
Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs in a medium-sized bowl until combined.
Slowly add gluten-free flour and mix to combine. Add in vanilla extract.
Scoop a spoonful of batter into each madeleine tin.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the madeleines bounce back after poking.
Cool and enjoy.
Hint: Use an oil spray mister to grease the tins with whatever grease you prefer. I got mine HERE.
- Butter - you can use coconut oil instead of butter. Just replace the butter with the same amount of coconut oil.
- Vanilla extract - you can use almond extract instead of vanilla extract.
Orange - add a tablespoon of orange zest to make the madeleines orange flavored.
Typically, madeleines do contain gluten; however, this recipe does not. And, it tastes just as fluffy and delicious as a regular madeleine.
If the oven is too hot, the outsides of the madeleines will burn before the inside rises and cooks.
A madeleine mold is a special mold you can buy to make madeleines. It's similar to a cupcake pan.
- Mixing bowls - these are my absolute FAVORITE mixing bowls. You can get them HERE.
- A rubber whisk - is essential for mixing the batter. Get mine HERE.
- Madeleine tins - this is a perfect set. Find it HERE.
You can store the madeleines in an airtight container for up to seven days. Store at room temperature.
You can also freeze the madeleines for up to three months. Wrap the madeleines in a freezer-safe ziplock bag.
Make sure to grease the madeleine tins well so the madeleines don't stick!
Traditional Gluten-Free Vanilla Madeleines (no baking powder)
- Mixing bowls
- A rubber whisk
- Madeleine tins
- 1 ¾ cup Gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease the madeleine tins.
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Slowly add gluten-free flour and mix to combine. Add in vanilla extract.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter into each madeleine tin.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the madeleines bounce back after poking.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
Leave a Reply