This apple cinnamon popcorn is the easy snack you need for the fall! Cinnamon and apple make the popcorn flavor taste like the best snack!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
You may think about just buying flavored popcorn at the store, but this recipe for apple cinnamon popcorn is so easy to make that you won't need to buy any premade popcorn! It tastes like apple pie popcorn! It's essential to make a flavored powder to dust on the popcorn. If you put a liquid on the popcorn, it's going to get soggy! I've mastered this apple cinnamon popcorn recipe so you can enjoy this sweet and salty treat all year long and for every movie night! It's one of my favorite snacks!
If you're looking for easy desserts and snacks like this apple popcorn recipe, try my cookies & cream frozen yogurt and my chocolate-covered peaches.
The Trick to Apple Cinnamon Popcorn
The trick to making apple cinnamon popcorn is using a coffee grinder. I use a coffee grinder to grind the freeze-dried apples into powdery dust. This is the best method for getting really fine apple dust that will stick to the popcorn.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Popcorn: you can use freshly popped popcorn from the microwave or store-bought plain popcorn. Microwave popcorn works well. If you make your own popcorn, try to get as many unpopped popcorn kernels out of the popped popcorn before using it.
- Freeze-dried apples: I use unsweetened freeze-dried apples. You can also use apple chips.
- Salt: just a little bit of salt to bring out the sweetness of the apples.
See recipe card for quantities.
Pour the cold popcorn into a large ziplock bag or large bowl. Set aside.
Put the ground cinnamon, salt, and freeze-dried apples into the coffee grinder and grind until the mixture is a powder.
The mixture should be a powder.
Dust the powder over the popcorn and seal the ziplock bag. Toss until the popcorn is coated.
Hint: If making popcorn from scratch, let the hot popcorn cool completely first.
- Apples - instead of freeze-dried apple chips, you can use another fruit. Dry freeze-dried mango or freeze-dried strawberries instead.
- Spicy - add ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes to the powder before grinding to give the popcorn a kick.
- Cardamom - add 1 teaspoon of cardamom to the powder for an extra comforting popcorn mix.
- Banana - try adding banana chips to the popcorn mix for a sweet treat.
- Caramel - drizzle ¼ cup of homemade caramel sauce over the popcorn after mixing. This will give you caramel apple popcorn. It's almost like caramel corn!
See this Halloween snack mix with popcorn on my website!
Store the crunchy popcorn mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. I don't recommend freezing the homemade popcorn.
Make sure that the popcorn is dry before mixing it with the dried apple chip powder. If you add butter, the popcorn won't store well and will get soggy.
The BEST Apple Cinnamon Popcorn
- 2 cups of popcorn
- 1 cup freeze-dried apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pour the cold popcorn into a large ziplock bag or large bowl. Set aside.
- Put the ground cinnamon, salt, and freeze-dried apples into the coffee grinder and grind until the mixture is a powder.
- Dust the powder over the popcorn and seal the ziplock bag. Toss until the popcorn is coated.
This is a relatively healthy seasoning for popcorn. I mean, it has apples!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
Leave a Reply