Are you a fan of uncomplicated desserts that deliver on flavor? If so, our guide to making cinnamon roasted peaches might be right up your alley. Roasted peaches are a simple treat, and when you add a little cinnamon into the mix, they transform into a dessert that's subtly sweet and warmly spiced. It's easy to make, and the result is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as a topping for your favorite ice cream.
The Joy of Roasted Peaches
Roasted peaches, with their slightly caramelized exterior and tender, juicy insides, are a delight. They're even better when combined with cinnamon, a spice that adds a comforting warmth and depth of flavor. Whether you're looking for a new way to enjoy peaches or searching for an easy dessert to impress your guests, cinnamon roasted peaches could be your answer.
- Peaches: The star of the show, peaches bring a sweet, juicy flavor that forms the base of this recipe. Choose ripe but firm peaches for the best results - they'll hold up well during baking and deliver the perfect blend of sweetness and tartness.
- Gluten-Free Granola: Adding a delightful crunch to our recipe, granola also contributes to the overall sweetness and provides a nice textural contrast to the soft, baked peaches. Opting for a gluten-free variant makes this dessert accessible for those with dietary restrictions.
- Maple Syrup: This natural sweetener drizzled over the peaches enhances their flavor and aids in the caramelization process during baking. It offers a rich, deep sweetness that's more nuanced than regular sugar.
- Salt: A pinch of salt is essential in any sweet recipe. It balances out the sweetness and amplifies the flavors of the other ingredients, making the peaches taste even more peachy.
- Ground Cinnamon: The final key ingredient, ground cinnamon, adds a lovely warmth and a spicy sweetness that pairs incredibly well with peaches. It also fills your kitchen with a beautiful aroma as the peaches roast.
The How-To Guide for Baked Peaches
Getting your peaches ready for the oven is a walk in the park. Here's the easy roasted peaches recipe you've been looking for:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Halve the peaches and remove the pits.
- Arrange the peach halves in a clean Dutch oven.
- Drizzle the peaches with maple syrup, then sprinkle them with the granola, salt, and cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
Once done, you can enjoy these cinnamon-roasted peaches on their own or pair them with vanilla ice cream for a heavenly dessert.
Cinnamon Roasted Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream
Grilled peaches, baked peaches, or our own cinnamon roasted peaches -- they all find their sweet spot when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The cold, creamy texture of the ice cream complements the warm, cinnamon-infused peaches, creating a delightful contrast that will have you reaching for seconds.
While fresh peaches are preferred for this recipe, canned peaches can be used as a substitute. Just ensure they're thoroughly drained before use.
A baking dish will work just as well. The important thing is to ensure the peaches are laid out in a single layer.
Yes, you can prepare the peaches and refrigerate them until you're ready to bake. However, we recommend baking them just before serving for the best flavor and texture.
Cinnamon Roasted Peaches
- 5 peaches halved and with the pits removed
- ½ cup gluten free granola
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pits
- Layer the peaches in a clean dutch oven
- Top the peaches with maple syrup, granola, salt and cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy on its own or with ice cream