Fresh raspberries and creamy chocolate make the perfect combination in this homemade dessert recipe for lemon chocolate frozen raspberries. This tasty treat is not only quick to make, taking only 10-15 minutes, but it's also a healthy, bite-size option that you can enjoy guilt-free. If you love chocolate recipes, you'll love the way the chocolate taste delicious with the fresh fruit in every bite.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. Stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
In this recipe, fresh raspberries are filled with a zesty lemon filling and coated with melted chocolate for the perfect frozen treat. The frozen fruit creates a unique texture contrast with the creamy chocolate, making for an irresistible dessert. You only need parchment paper and a baking sheet to line the bites of chocolate for easy clean up. This is a perfect dessert for those who are looking for a quick and easy recipe that can be made in no time.
If you're looking for a new spin on traditional chocolate recipes, this frozen chocolate raspberries recipe is sure to impress. The combination of fresh fruit and chocolate is not only satisfying but it's also a healthier option compared to other sweet treats. Each bite of this frozen treat will leave you craving more with the perfect balance of tangy lemon and rich chocolate. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy the ultimate combination of fresh raspberries and creamy chocolate.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You'll love this recipe because it's made with simple and clean ingredients, free of artificial flavors and Non-GMO. This means that you can enjoy a healthy, bite-size treat that's packed with flavor. The combination of fresh raspberries and creamy chocolate is what makes this dessert so irresistible. In just 10-15 minutes, you can have a delicious and healthy snack that satisfies your sweet tooth and chocolate cravings.
This recipe is perfect for those who love raspberries and chocolate. The flavor combination is out of this world and is sure to impress even the most discerning of palates. Whether you're looking for a healthy dessert or a decadent treat, this recipe has you covered. The chocolate version is a delicious twist on the classic raspberry frozen dessert, with a creamy chocolate filling and dark chocolate coating. This tasty dessert is perfect for those looking for a healthy snack or a satisfying treat.
The best part is that this recipe is so easy to make. All you need is a baking sheet, a few simple ingredients, and 10-15 minutes of your time. The combination of chocolate and raspberries is a classic flavor combination that never gets old. So, whether you're looking for a healthy dessert or just a way to satisfy your chocolate cravings, this dark chocolate raspberry recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Key Ingredients for Lemon Frozen Raspberries
- Dark Chocolate: The chocolate coating for the raspberries. Can use a chocolate bar for a richer flavor. You can use any chocolate like sustainable chocolate.
- Raspberries: The fresh and tangy fruit that pairs perfectly with the chocolate for a healthy dessert. Line the chocolate coated raspberries up on a baking sheet.
- Lemons: for making the lemon filling.
Making the Lemon Filling:
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and salt.
Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and boils.
Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl and let it cool completely.
Filling and Dipping the Raspberries:
Fill a pastry bag with lemon filling.
Pipe lemon filling into each raspberry until it's full.
Dip each raspberry in melted dark chocolate using a fork.
Top each raspberry with an extra dollop of lemon filling.
Line the raspberries on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
Serving the Frozen Chocolate Raspberries:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Serve as a healthy, bite-size treat or as a decadent dessert.
Enjoy the frozen chocolate raspberries whenever you have a sweet tooth or chocolate cravings. Keep them in the freezer until you're ready to enjoy.
Expert Recipe Tips
- Use high-quality dark chocolate bars for a richer flavor and a smoother dipping experience.
- To avoid excess chocolate, gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to let any excess chocolate fall off before placing the raspberry on the parchment paper.
- Store in the freezer until ready to enjoy. The frozen chocolate raspberries make a delicious and healthy dessert option.
- For a quicker melting experience, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- For a more indulgent treat, add a sprinkle of sea salt or chopped nuts to the top of the raspberries before they set in the refrigerator.
- If you're looking for a vegan option, use coconut oil instead of butter in the lemon filling mixture.
- Experiment with different chocolate bars and find the one that suits your taste buds best. Enjoy this recipe as a sweet and indulgent frozen chocolate treat.
Tips for Making Lemon Filling
- Whisk the mixture constantly while cooking to prevent the egg yolks from scrambling.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve for a smoother and lighter texture.
- Let the lemon filling cool completely before filling the raspberries to prevent the chocolate from melting.
- Add a dollop of lemon filling on top of the raspberries for an extra burst of flavor.
- Use this lemon filling recipe as a base for other homemade desserts such as tarts or cupcakes.
- Serve the frozen chocolate raspberries on a dessert platter for a quick and tasty treat.
- For a tangier lemon filling, add more lemon juice to the mixture.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy this versatile and delicious lemon filling recipe.
Can I buy lemon filling premade?
Yes, you can buy pre-made lemon filling at most grocery stores. Just make sure to check the product label to ensure it's gluten-free. Enjoy this sweet treat as a quick and easy alternative to making your own lemon filling.
- For a different flavor, try using white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate.
- If you prefer a sweeter treat, try using milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
- If you don't have unsalted butter, use salted butter and reduce the amount of added salt in the recipe.
- For a dairy-free option, try using coconut oil instead of butter when making the lemon filling.
- If you don't have fresh raspberries, you can use frozen raspberries for the raspberry filling.
- Top the frozen chocolate raspberries with chocolate shavings or extra-dark chocolate chips for an extra touch of indulgence.
- Experiment with different chocolate variations to find your perfect treat.
- Mix it up with different fruits: Try using a combination of your favorite fruits like strawberries, blackberries, or blueberries or mixed berries for a juicy fruit explosion.
- Add a touch of vanilla: Stir in a teaspoon of vanilla extract into the chocolate for added depth of flavor.
- Experiment with different chocolates: Instead of dark chocolate chips, try using white chocolate chips or milk chocolate for a different twist. Use chocolate chips with coconut oil for a smoother dipping consistency.
- Add extra chocolate: For an even more indulgent treat, sprinkle the top of the frozen chocolate raspberries with extra chocolate shavings.
- Mix in frozen yogurt: Make a fun frozen yogurt dessert by mixing in some of your favorite non-GMO clean ingredient frozen yogurt into the lemon filling.
Is lemon curd the same as lemon pie filling?
No, lemon curd is not the same as lemon pie filling. Lemon curd is a tangy, sweet spread made from lemon juice, sugar, eggs, and butter. It's commonly used as a topping for cakes, toast, and pastries. Lemon pie filling is a pre-made, sweetened filling typically made with cornstarch and used to fill lemon pies. It's thicker in texture and has a more uniform flavor compared to lemon curd.
Store on Parchment Paper in an airtight container: Place lemon curd filled chocolate covered raspberries on a parchment paper lined airtight container. Store in the freezer for a ready-to-eat dessert anytime. Enjoy the juicy fruit and creamy chocolate flavors!
Yes, you can use milk chocolate or any type of chocolate you prefer.
es, lemon curd can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Yes, bottled lemon juice can be used as a substitute for freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Yes, feel free to add additional ingredients to suit your taste preferences.
Lemon Chocolate Frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together 5 egg yolks, 2 cups granulated sugar, ¼ cup cornstarch, ¾ cup fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove the mixture from heat and strain it through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Let the filling cool completely.
- Fill a pastry bag with lemon filling.
- Pipe lemon filling into each raspberry until full.
- Dip each raspberry in melted dark chocolate using a fork.
- Top with the raspberries with an extra dollop of lemon filling.
- Line them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill until chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.