Dark chocolate dipped apricots are the perfect flavor combination! Top them with crushed unsalted almonds for the ultimate treat for your sweet tooth.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
I've always loved dried apricots and dark chocolate separately. So I decided to put them together to make dark chocolate apricots. It's a relatively healthy snack with a punch of protein from crushed almonds, too. The perfect sweet treat!
Tips for Melting Chocolate
You can either melt the chocolate using the double boiler method or in the microwave. I prefer the microwave method. Simply pour the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave for 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir the melted chocolate.
For instructions on the double boiler method, read my blog post HERE.
Reasons You'll Love These Apricots
- Easy to make
- A great gift
- Delicious and nutritious
- Chocolate - you can use any chocolate. I prefer using a chocolate bar instead of dark chocolate chips since then you don't need to temper the chocolate. Dry using dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate. I prefer using a dark chocolate bar. You can also try using a dairy-free dark chocolate bar. Using a dairy-free dark chocolate bar will make these chocolate treats vegan.
- Apricots - use dried apricots of any kind. I use California apricots.
- Almonds - sprinkle the top of each apricot with crushed almonds. You can also use pistachios, walnuts, or macadamia nuts, or omit the nuts completely.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper so the dark chocolate-dipped apricots don't stick to the bottom.
- Line the apricots on the prepared baking sheet directly after dipping them in chocolate to prevent any excess drip.
- Sprinkle the chocolate-dipped apricots with almonds immediately after dipping in the chocolate for the best results. You can also get creative here and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.
Store the apricots at room temperature in an airtight container for up to five days.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots
- 3.5 ounces chocolate
- 20 dried apricots
- ¼ cup almonds roughly chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 2 minutes in a microwave-safe bowl. Take the chocolate out every 30 seconds to stir.
- Dip the apricots halfway into the chocolate and line them on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Let the chocolate set for 15 minutes before consuming.