Asparagus spears are a versatile ingredient that can be prepared in many ways. One popular dish is Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, a delicious appetizer that combines the earthy flavors of asparagus with the salty taste of prosciutto. This dish is perfect for a dinner party menu, and will surely impress your dinner guests.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. Stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
To make this mouthwatering appetizer, you will need fresh asparagus stalks, prosciutto, salt, and olive oil. Simply wrap individual asparagus spears in slices of prosciutto to create asparagus prosciutto bundles. Brush the asparagus bundles with a bit of oil and sprinkle with salt for a bit of flavor. Then, bake them in the oven until the prosciutto has formed a crisp surface, resulting in complex flavors that will delight your taste buds.
Prosciutto Asparagus Wraps are not only delicious, but they also add a touch of elegance to any dinner table. These asparagus bundles crispy texture and the combination of flavors make them perfect for family dinners, as well as for special occasions. You can also serve asparagus cold, as a refreshing and healthy side dish. With just a few simple ingredients, fresh asparagus with oil, and prosciutto can be transformed into a culinary masterpiece that will surely impress your dinner guests.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Prosciutto Asparagus Wraps are a delicious spring vegetable dish that you won't be able to resist. Using individual asparagus spears, this recipe is a great way to enjoy this fiber-rich vegetable year-round. Plus, with pantry staples and a basic ingredient list, it's easy to whip up these drool-worthy flavors.
This asparagus appetizer is not only tasty, but it's also a great finger food for any occasion. By wrapping asparagus prosciutto bundles, you'll add a touch of earthy flavor to your next party or get-together. Plus, you can serve asparagus cold for a refreshing snack that's perfect for warm weather.
Using medium-thick asparagus spears and fresh ingredients, this recipe is a staple that you'll want to make again and again. With its irresistible combination of flavors, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your household. Try it today and discover the joy of this delicious and healthy individual vegetable!
Looking for more gluten free recipes?
- How to Make the Best Oven-Dried Orange Slices
- Easy No-Knead Gluten-Free Bread
- Top Gluten-Free Cereal Brands for Breakfast 2022
- Traditional Gluten-Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate-Covered Pineapple: How to Make
- Copycat Gluten-Free Cheez-It Crackers Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus: Using fresh asparagus is important to ensure that the vegetable is crisp and tender.
- 10 slices prosciutto: The prosciutto adds a salty flavor to the asparagus and creates a crispy surface when baked.
- ¼ teaspoon salt: Salt is a basic seasoning that helps to enhance the flavor of the asparagus and prosciutto.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil: The olive oil is used to brush the asparagus bundles, which helps them cook evenly and gives them a slightly crispy texture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and trim the asparagus by snapping off the tough ends. Cut the asparagus into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
- Take about 5 asparagus pieces into a bundle and wrap each bundle with a slice of prosciutto. Place the bundles on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Brush the asparagus bundles with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the asparagus and prosciutto are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the asparagus cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus as a side dish or appetizer and enjoy!
Choosing and Preparing the Asparagus
When choosing asparagus for Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, it's important to select fresh stalks of asparagus. Look for firm and straight spears of asparagus with tight tips. A pound or a bunch of asparagus is enough to make multiple asparagus per bundle.
To prepare the asparagus, wash the spears under cold running water and snap off the tough ends of each spear. Cut the asparagus into 1⁄2-inch pieces, or keep the spears whole to make asparagus into bundles. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
By following these simple tips for choosing and preparing asparagus, you can ensure that your Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus dish turns out delicious and flavorful.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus pairs well with a variety of dishes. Serve it on an antipasto or charcuterie platter with other appetizers, or as a side dish alongside roasted chicken. Sprinkle with lemon zest, garlic powder, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
For a different variation, try Bacon-wrapped asparagus, or roasted asparagus with garlic butter. Serve the Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with lemon wedges for a refreshing touch, or sprinkle with aromatic garlic for an extra kick. This dish also pairs well with crispy prosciutto, adding a savory crunch to the dish.
With its simple yet delicious combination of asparagus and prosciutto, Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
Can you roast asparagus ahead of time and reheat?
Yes, you can roast asparagus ahead of time and reheat it. Place the roasted asparagus in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat the asparagus in the oven or microwave until warmed through, but be careful not to overcook it. This will ensure that the asparagus retains its flavor and texture.
Can I make prosciutto asparagus ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus ahead of time. Wrap the asparagus with prosciutto slices and season with kosher salt. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, brush the asparagus with olive oil and bake until the prosciutto is crispy and the asparagus is tender. This will result in delicious and salty prosciutto-wrapped asparagus.
To store Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, place it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. To freeze it, place the asparagus in a freezer bag or a freeze-friendly container and store it for up to two months. When ready to eat, thaw the asparagus in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
No, you do not need to soak asparagus before baking. Simply wash the spears under cold running water and pat dry.
Asparagus can become soggy in the oven if it is overcooked. To prevent this, be sure to check the asparagus frequently and remove it from the oven when it is still slightly firm.
To make asparagus not chewy, be sure to cook it for the right amount of time. Overcooked asparagus can become mushy and tough, while undercooked asparagus can be stringy and tough to chew. Be sure to check the asparagus frequently and remove it from the heat when it is still slightly firm but tender.
Simple Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 10 slices prosciutto
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the asparagus by washing it and snapping the bottoms off.
- Wrap a bundle of 5 asparagus spears in a slice of prosciutto.
- Line the asparagus bundles on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the asparagus bundles with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy.