These easy dark chocolate pecan turtles are a sweet treat that's also easy to make.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok or by subscribing to my newsletter.
The holidays are just around the corner and nothing is quite as festive as a box of homemade dark chocolate pecan turtles. For chocolate lovers, these treats also make the perfect holiday gift. I fill them with some raspberry jam to make the treats into healthier versions. This recipe is so easy and doesn't call for any corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter, condensed milk, or artificial flavors.
- Pecans - you can use whole pecans or pecan pieces. Make sure the pecans are unsalted.
- Dark chocolate - I like using a Lindt 70% dark chocolate bar. I recommend using a chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips so you don't need to temper the chocolate.
- Flaky sea salt - love topping any chocolate sweet with flaky sea salt, but it's not necessary. You can skip the salt if you wish.
- Caramel sauce - I use store-bought caramel sauce for this recipe. You can also use your own homemade caramel sauce. Homemade caramel sauce is usually made with condensed milk.
- Raspberry jam - the raspberry jam brightens up these decadent treats. Feel free to omit it if you don't like raspberry jam. You can also try a different flavor of a jam like strawberry.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or use the double boiler method. To melt in the microwave, put chocolate into a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on high for two minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Find instructions for the double boiler method HERE.
- Let the nut clusters set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes before consuming.
- Get creative and add other ingredients to the turtle candies. Try adding shredded coconut, white chocolate chips, or roasted almonds. Roasted almonds would be especially delicious!
Store the pecan clusters in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days
Easy Dark Chocolate Pecan Turtles Recipe
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- Flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the chocolate. Don't worry if there are uneven pieces of chocolate. Pour it into a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on high for two minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Use a spoon to scoop 1 tablespoon of chocolate onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and swirl the chocolate into discs. Top with 4-5 pecans.
- Top the pecans with 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam on top of the caramel sauce.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of chocolate and flaky salt.
- Let the dark chocolate pecan turtles set in the fridge for 5 minutes.